SOME AMAZING FACTS
1. To date 2000 taxis have taken almost 4000 children to Disneyland.
2. 20000 packed lunches have been supplied to children, drivers and helpers.
3. Nearly 50000 gallons of diesel have been used on the trip.
4. The Metropolitan Police, City of London Police, London Ambulance NHS Trust, and the AA have provided 200 support vehicles.
5. If one cab had taken everyone on all the trips it would have travelled well over half a million miles.
6. Some of the drivers have been coming every year since 1994, that's nearly 13,000 unpaid miles of driving.
7. When travelling at speed last year's convoy, at times, was over three miles long.
8. 50 taxis undertook the first trip in 1994 with 100 children. In the Millennium year it was 125 taxis with 250 children.
9. The convoy has got through every year despite encountering a channel tunnel fire, a blockade of Calais by fisherman, a blockade by lorry drivers and a fuel crisis.
10. Every aspect of the trip is organized by unpaid volunteers